Home Collectables Aviation Vanguards Rail Legends Mini Mania James Bond Trucks 1/64 Film & TV
Corgi-Models brought to you by Tommy’s Toys
Powered by WebReady
ST97701 - BR 4-6-2 Britannia Class 'Britannia' 70000, circa 2012
The British Rail Standard Class 7, otherwise known as the  ‘Britannia Class’ were designed by Robert Riddles for mixed  traffic duties. In all there was fifty-five of the Class built at the  BR Crewe Works between January 1951 and September 1954.  The BR Standard 7 Class took their names from Great  Britons, Scottish Firths and former Star Class locomotives.  The first to enter service was British Rail (BR) 70000 and was  named ‘Britannia’ at a naming ceremony at Marylebone  Station. Britannia was withdrawn from service in May 1966.  After a series of moves, Britannia remained operational on  preserved railways until 1991 when it returned to main line  duties running special excursions. Britannia is modelled here  in BR Brunswick Green carrying an early BR Crest, earlier  this year Britannia served royalty by hauling the Royal Train  with Prince Charles on board.                                                  Scale:  1:120  Length:  180mm
ST97506 - LNER 4-6-2 A4 Class 'Dominion of Canada' 4489, A4 Gathering 2013
LNER A4 Class No.4489 was outshopped on the 24th May 1937  from the Doncaster works and was originally to be named as  ‘Buzzard’ then ‘Woodcock’. It was instead named ‘Dominion of  Canada’ alongside other A4 Class locomotives named after  British Commonwealth countries of the time.  No.4489 entered service in the LNER Garter Blue livery but  differed from the other A4s as it wore the Canadian Coat of  Arms on the cab side. ‘Dominion of Canada’ was withdrawn  from service at the Darlington shed on 29th May 1965 after  serving over twenty-eight years on the railways of Britain.  It  was listed for scrap, but after sitting derelict, the locomotive  was donated by British Railways to the Canadian Railroad  Historical Association and has been preserved and stored at  the Canadian Railway Museum, Saint-Constant in Quebec  since May 1966.  In 2012 ‘Dominion of Canada’ was shipped from Canada to the  National Railway Museum in York where it has been re-painted  in its original LNER Garter Blue livery in readiness to join its  remaining A4 Classmates for the ‘Mallard 75 – A4 Gathering’  event.     Scale:  1:120 Length:  180mm
ST97703 - BR 4-6-2 Britannia Class 'Robin Hood' 70038, BR Early
In total there were only fifty-five Standard Class 7 (Britannia  Class) locomotives ever produced, all built at the British  Railways Crewe works.  Construction of the first Britannia was  completed on the 2nd January 1951 with the first recorded  journey taking place in the form of a test run between Crewe  and Carlisle at 12:50 on 11th January 1951.  The test load was  four-hundred and forty tons of empty rolling stock including a  dynamometer car which recorded a maximum speed of 75mph. 'Robin Hood' was the thirty-ninth Standard Class 7 to be built  and entered into traffic on 29th January 1953, almost exactly  two years after the first ever Britannia entered service.  No.70038 spent the first part of its working life in North  London and East Anglia serving the East Coast mainline.   'Robin Hood' spent its last four years working out of Carlisle  before sadly being sold for scrap to J. McWilliams of  Shettleston in January 1968.   Scale:  1:120 Length:  180mm     Limited Edition Size:  2000
Rail Legends, is a superbly detailed collection of static die-cast locomotives marking the  golden age of British steam.  Each model comes with a rail track effect plinth and clear plastic  presentation case from which the locomotive can be detached. 
This model is a limited edition of 2000. Please note that it is not supplied with a limited edition certificate.
ST97702 - BR 4-6-2 Britannia Class 'Oliver Cromwell' 70013, circa 2012
'Oliver Cromwell' was the fourteenth of fifty-five Standard  Class 7 (Britannia Class) locomotives to be built.  No.70013  entered service on the 30th May 1951 allocated to British  Railways Norwich depot before moving to Ipswich in  September 1958. 'Oliver Cromwell' spent time at five different  sheds over the next decade until it travelled by road to Alan  Bloom's steam museum at Bressingham Gardens at the end of  its main-line working life. In 2004 No. 70013 moved to the Great Central Railway where it  was fully dismantled and rebuilt ready for return to main-line  working in preparation for the 40th anniversary of the end of  steam. 'Oliver Cromwell' now forms part of the National  Railway Collection and runs regular excursions preserved in a  Brunswick Green livery and carrying the BR late totem as it  would have worn in its final main-line years of service.      Scale:  1:120 Length:  180mm
ST97503 - LNER A4 Class 'Silver Link' 2509
LNER 2509 was the first of Gresley’s new A4 Class Pacific  locomotives to enter into service. The A4 Class carried a  unique streamline design that was inspired by the German  ‘Flying Hamburger’ diesel trains. The A4 Pacifics were built to  haul the ‘Silver Jubilee Train’ which was a high-speed  streamline train designed to offer a fast service between  London King’s Cross and Newcastle, it was named to  celebrate King George VI’s Silver Jubilee that took place in  1935. During its inaugural journey it reached speeds of  112mph, setting a new world record. Built at the LNER's Doncaster works, Silver Link was built in  only eleven weeks and entered into full service on the 7th  September 1935. Silver Link was one of only four of the A4s to  carry the two tone silver grey paint scheme. The model here  depicts the locomotive during its LNER period between the  years of 1935 and 1937.  Scale:  1:120 Length:  180mm     Limited Edition Size:  3000
This model is a limited edition of 3000. Please note that it is not supplied with a limited edition certificate.
ST97603 - BR A3 Class 'Trigo' 60084, circa 1949-52
Trigo entered traffic on the 22nd February 1930 and was  allocated to Gateshead engine shed. Originally numbered as  LNER 2595, Trigo was the eleventh of twenty-seven A3s to be  built as an A3, the other fifty-one were A1s that were later  converted to A3s.  All the A1 and A3 Class locomotives were named after famous  race horses. Trigo was an Irish born race horse who won the  Epsom Derby in 1929 making the horse famous and inspiring  the LNER to name one of their new locomotives after him.  Trigo is modelled here as British Rail (BR) 60084 in BR blue  from the era of June 1949 to August 1952, during this period  Trigo pulled a Streamline type tender and was based at the  Neville Hill shed in Leeds. Sadly Trigo was withdrawn from  service on the 23rd November 1964 and was later sold for  scrap in January 1965.      Scale:  1:120 Length:  178mm     Limited Edition Size:  2000
This model is a limited edition of 2000. Please note that it is not supplied with a limited edition certificate.
ST97507 - BR 4-6-2 A4 Class 'Union of South Africa' 60009, A4 Gathering 2013
Designed by Sir Nigel Gresley, A4 Class No.4488 was the  fifteenth of the thirty-five A4 Class locomotives built.  Entering  service in 1937 No.4488 wore the LNER Garter Blue livery until  21st March 1942 when it was painted black.  It was originally planned for No. 4488 to be named ‘Osprey’  but along with others in the class it was named after British  Commonwealth countries. During the 1980s and 1990s it  carried the nameplate ‘Osprey’ for political reasons.  ‘Union of South Africa’ was allocated to the Haymarket shed at  Edinburgh and worked there until 20th May 1962 when it was  transferred to Aberdeen. On 24th October 1964 ‘Union of  South Africa’ pulled the last booked steam hauled train from  King’s Cross Station, it was also the last steam locomotive to  be overhauled at the famous Doncaster works.  Carrying BR No. 60009, ‘Union of South Africa’ was withdrawn  from service with BR on 1st June 1966.  The following month  the locomotive was purchased by John Cameron, and is  currently one of only three mainline certificated A4 Class  locomotives. No. 60009 is currently preserved as it was when  it retired from service in Brunswick Green carrying a late BR  emblem as modelled here. Scale:  1:120 Length:  180mm
ST97501 - NRM LNER 4-6-2 'Mallard' A4 Class, Garter Blue, A4 Gathering 2013
During the 1930s the railway companies were starting to feel  the increased competition from air and road travel as the  demand for speed, efficiency and luxury grew.  Despite the  success of his A3s, Sir Nigel Gresley and his engineers  needed to make their locomotives even quicker and more  efficient. As the larger locomotives seen in Germany and America were  not an option in the UK, chief designer Sir Nigel Gresley  looked instead into aerodynamics, creating the ‘Silver Jubilee’  streamlined trains which were inspired by a Bugatti rail-car  that he had observed on a trip to France.  After wind tunnel tests it was discovered that not only could  they achieve greater speeds whilst using less energy, but the  design also meant that an updraft off the locomotive pushed  the steam upwards giving the driver improved driving vision.   Over a three year period between 1935 and 1938 there were a  total of thirty-five A4s built at the LNER's Doncaster works. 
The first four A4s all had the word 'Silver' in the title to commemorate the Silver Jubilee of King George V, a further five were named after  Commonwealth countries, but with Gresley being a keen bird watcher, the majority were named after fast flying birds.  Arguably the most  famous of all the class is 'Mallard'.  Carrying the distinctive streamline casing in Garter Blue, the appearance of this A4 depicts the captivation  in the 1930s with speed and luxury.   Mallard' was the locomotive chosen by the LNER to attempt to break the world speed record.  On 3rd July 1938, heading south at Stoke Bank  near Grantham, 'Mallard' broke the record, reaching an astonishing 125.88mph.  To this day 'Mallard' still holds the record for being the fastest  steam locomotive in the world.  'Mallard' is now part of the National Railway Collection. This Corgi Rail Legend encapsulates the glory of this piece of British history.                             Scale:  1:120 Length:  180mm 
ST97604 - LNER 4-6-2 A3 Class 'Flying Scotsman' 4472 50 Years in Preservation circa March 1963
After almost forty years in service for the GNR, LNER and  British Railways, 'Flying Scotsman' retired from main-line  service in 1963.  By 1964 all fifty-eight A3 Class locomotives  had been retired from service with BR, 'Flying Scotsman'  No.60103 being the only one to have been saved for  preservation by Alan Pegler, a businessman from  Nottinghamshire. Pegler had seen 'Flying Scotsman' at the  British Empire Exhibition at Wembley in 1924, this left a  lasting memory as just under forty years later he saved 'Flying  Scotsman' from the fate of the scrapyard when he purchased  it from British Railways for the sum of £3,000.  As part of the deal with BR, Pegler agreed to restore 'Flying  Scotsman' to its LNER livery of Apple Green carrying its  LNER-era numbering of 4472.  On the 26th March 1963 'Flying  Scotsman' emerged from the Doncaster Works in its newly  painted LNER livery with a single chimney with the smoke  deflectors removed and paired with a corridor type tender  taken from the withdrawn A4 Class No.60034 'Lord Faringdon'.  Scale:  1:120 Length:  180mm
ST97502 - BR 4-6-2 'Sir Nigel Gresley' A4 Class, A4 Gathering 2013
In 1937 the 100th Gresley Pacific was built by London and  North Eastern Railway who paid reverence to its designer by  giving the 4-6-2 locomotive his name. Originally numbered  4498, Sir Nigel Gresley was due to receive the name Bittern,  before the realisation of its commemorative status. As with the  earlier LNER A4 Pacifics, it was built with a single chimney  and side valances covering the wheels which were later  removed to improve maintenance access.  Sir Nigel Gresley carries a commemorative plaque as the  holder of the post-war steam speed record reaching 112mph in  May 1959. As with the Mallard’s record this was achieved  descending southward from Stoke Summit, but unlike the  Mallard’s special attempt this was with a full train of  passengers returning from an excursion. As with other A4s,  Sir Nigel Gresley has worn many liveries throughout its career.  When released to traffic in October 1937 it carried the  standard LNER garter blue of the A4 Pacifics and has since  carried various liveries. 
Sir Nigel Gresley, now bearing the British Railways number 60007 with a British Railways blue livery, was saved from scrapping in 1966 by a  small group of men who set up the ‘A4 Preservation Society’, later known as ‘The A4 Locomotive Society Ltd’ and now ‘The Sir Nigel Gresley  Locomotive Preservation Trust Ltd’. ‘The A4 Locomotive Society’ has since become the subsidiary company that operates the locomotive for  the Trust. The Trust is committed to keeping the locomotive operating and running special excursions on both the main line and heritage  railways such as the North Yorkshire Moors Railway where it is based.  Scale:  1:120 Length:  180mm
A superbly detailed collection of static die-cast locomotives marking the golden age of British steam.  Each model comes with a rail track effect plinth and clear plastic presentation case from which the locomotive can be detached.
Tommy’s Special Price:  R500-00 each
Rail Legends